Commissions and Committees
Alameda County Mayors’ Conference and City Selection Committee Members, Officers and Committee Members
The Alameda County Mayors’ Conference maintains officers for carrying out its mission. In addition, it currently has an Executive/Legislative Committee and a Nominating Committee and acts as the Alameda County City Selection Committee tasked with making appointments to various regional boards. Information on these committees are detailed in the Alameda County Mayors’ Conference Bylaws. Current ACMC and City Selection Committee members, officers and committee members are listed below:
Regional Bodies and Boards
As part of its mission, the Alameda Mayors’ Conference recommends appointments to various Alameda County and regional bodies, i.e. boards, commissions and committees. Membership qualifications are determined by Alameda County and the regional agencies. The Regional Commission and Directory provides a summary of all current commissions and committees and current ACMC appointed members.
If you are interested in being considered for appointment to a regional board, commission and/or committee, please download and complete the ACMC Application and return it by email to the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org consistent with an established submittal schedule. Applications will be reviewed by the ACMC Nominating Committee with appointments made at a regularly scheduled Mayors’ Conference business meeting. Current openings are as follows:
- Alameda County Local Area Formation Commission (One position available)
- ACTC Alameda Countywide Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (Position available for District 4)
- ACTC Independent Watchdog Committee (Three positions available – Districts 2,3, 4, & 5)
- Alameda County Advisory Commission on Aging (Three positions available – Two north county and one south county)
- Alameda County Commission on the Status of Women (One position available)
- East Bay Economic Development Alliance (One position available for southern area)
- East Bay Regional Communication System Authority JPA Board (One position available).
Links to detailed information regarding these openings, including filing dates, requirements, and an Alameda County Mayors’ Conference application required to be submitted for consideration are included below. Some regional agencies require additional information including an agency application, and this information will be provided upon request or when an Alameda County Mayors’ Conference application is received.