Alameda County Mayors’ Conference/ City Selection Committee Meeting Scheduled for June 14, 2023
The next Alameda County Mayors’ Conference meeting will be Wednesday, June 14, 2023, at 6:30 p.m., in Berkeley at the Residence Inn Berkeley, 3rd floor, 2121 Center Street, Berkeley, CA. The RSVP deadline is Thursday, June 8, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. See the Meeting Notice and Agenda for additional RSVP, location, and agenda information located HERE.
Welcome to the official website of the Alameda County Mayors’ Conference (ACMC)
The Alameda County Mayors’ Conference was created in 1954 to:
- develop and maintain a means of cooperative effort and understanding in matters of mutual interest and concern;
- assemble information helpful in the consideration of problems peculiar to the various areas of the county;
- provide guidance for united city action in dealing with local municipal affairs;
- serve as a city-county relations organization;
- consider, study and make recommendations regarding regional problems;
- explore all practicable avenues of thought advanced in the interest of local public welfare and policies.
Membership consists of the mayors of the incorporated cities in Alameda County including Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro and Union City. Officers are elected annually and serve a term of one year.
The Alameda County Mayors’ Conference meets monthly to carry out its purpose. Its business meetings typically include committee action related to appointments for various regional commissions and committees, review of legislation, discussion of regional issues issues/concerns and solutions, a presentation of topical importance and a dinner. Members may use this website to RSVP for monthly business meetings and dinner.
The Alameda County Mayors’ Conference also acts at the Alameda County City Selection Committee as set for in the Government Code §§ 50270 -50279.2. In this capacity, it makes appoints to regional boards. Appointments made by the City Selection Committee are included in the Alameda County Mayors’ Conference meeting minutes and included in the meeting agendas.
To be informed of future meetings and/or other information, please visit this website frequently. Requests for information should be directed to the Executive Director.
Steven Bocian Executive Director
Telephone: (925) 750-7943
835 East 14th Street
San Leandro, CA 94577
Send a message to Executive Director